Tuesday, 28 November 2017 20:15

Want to Lose Weight? Use This Foolproof Method

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Have you been struggling to lose weight and you are at your wit’s end? Then try the strategy below, which uses your BMR to help you figure out what you should eat and how many calories you should be consuming in order to shed some extra pounds in a matter of weeks. 


What Is BMR?


BMR stands for basal metabolic rate. It gives you a much clearer picture of the number of calories that your body actually requires in order to perform necessary functions. Things like your breathing, your heartbeat, and the function of your organs all rely upon calories, even when you are not being active. In fact, your BMR is the number of calories that you should be ingesting in order to sustain your body even when you do nothing all day long. And what may come as a bit of a shock is the fact that these calories make up a whopping 60% of the total energy expenditure for a day. The remaining 40% consists of the calories that your body utilizes to do things like perform exercises and metabolize food. 


Calculate Your BMR in Calories to Lose Weight


To start losing weight, you can estimate your BMR. Don’t worry, as you can use a pretty easy formula to figure it all out.


If you are a man, the formula is: BMR = (9.99 x weight in kilograms) + (6.25 x height in centimeters) - 4.92 x age in years + 5


If you are a women, use the following formula: BMR = (9.99 x weight in kilograms) + (6.25 x height in centimeters) - (4.92 x age in years) – 161


Eat the Appropriate Number of Calories


Once you’ve used the appropriate formula to figure out your BMR, you can begin consuming the right number of calories every day. Keep in mind that your BMR gives you an idea of the number of calories required for basic bodily functions, so if you’re active, you’ll need more calories.


• If you don’t exercise, multiply your BMR by 1.2

• If you exercise anywhere from one to three time per week, use 1.375 

• If you exercise anywhere from three to five times a week, use 1.55

• If you’re active six to seven times a week, use 1.725 

• Super active people should go with 1.9


Remember: women shouldn’t eat less then 1,200 calories per day, while men should get at least 1,800 calories daily. 


Keep Losing Weight


To continue losing weight, you can keep reducing your calorie intake by 100 calories every two weeks. You can do this until you’ve achieved your desired rate of weight loss. 


So there you have it: the BMR method may be just what you need to jumpstart your weight loss efforts or take them to the next level if you have hit a plateau. Try this weight loss strategy to see if it could help you achieve your goals safely and efficiently. 


Last modified on Tuesday, 28 November 2017 20:46

Medical Weight Loss Information

Those who constantly struggle to attain or maintain a healthy and attractive weight might want to listen up to this: it turns out that overweight people actually need more omega-3 fatty acids than those people who naturally have an ideal girth. On top of that,...
Back in 2009, a Harvard University-trained microbiologist by the name of Turnbaugh had some pressing questions about the ways in which dieting affects gut bacteria. So, he gathered up some lab rats and immediately started doing some simple studies on the matter. What...
If you break it down, it’s simply amazing how many reasons for big appetites exist. Sure, some of us may just feel as if we’re more prone to eat. We may feel that, growing up, we were conditioned to eat more and that it was a good thing. So when we are forced to face...